I am currently a PhD student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I work in Prof. Tandy Warnow's group, where I study computational phylogenetics; that is, the construction of evolutionary trees from genetic sequences.
I graduated from MIT in 2014 with a bachelor's degree in physics.
I live in Urbana, Illinois. In the past, I have lived in Shaker Heights, Ohio; Princeton, New Jersey; and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
You can find the latest copy of my resume here.
You can email me at email@example.com
6. J.M. Allen, B. Boyd, N.P. Nguyen, P. Vachaspati, T. Warnow,, D.I. Huang, P.G. Grady, K.C. Bell, Q.C. Cronk, L. Mugisha and B.R. Pittendrigh. "Phylogenomics from Whole Genome Sequences Using aTRAM". Systematic biology, 2017.
4. P. Vachaspati and T. Warnow. "ASTRID: Accurate Species TRees from Internode Distances", RECOMB-Comparative Genomics and BMC Genomics, 2015. (PDF)
3. R. Davidson, P. Vachaspati, S. Mirarab, and T. Warnow. "Phylogenomic species tree estimation in the presence of incomplete lineage sorting and horizontal gene transfer", RECOMB-Comparative Genomics, and BMC Genomics, 2015. (PDF)
2. P. Vachaspati and W. Detmold. "Fast Evaluation of Multi-Hadron Correlation Functions", PoS (LATTICE2014) 041 (PDF)
1. S. Li, P. Vachaspati, D. Sheng, N. Dural, and M. V. Romalis. "Optical rotation in excess of 100 rad generated by Rb vapor in a multipass cell", Phys. Rev. A 84, 061403(R) (PDF)